FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with Accessory Kit




My initial evaluation was that this is a nice little compressor.  I wanted it just for keeping tires inflated properly and to blow up an occasional pool toy.  The instructions were detailed and easily followed.  The disappointment only set in when I tried attaching the air hose to the unit.  The air hose is so stiff that attaching it was quite difficult.  To properly attach it you had to pull it somewhat straight to get to the appropriate spot.  Pulling it straight was not easy and the first twist to turn the metal connector into the metal connection, the hose crimped.  BTW I mention the metal connectors because many of the units I looked at had plastic connectors which seemed very short sighted for long term use.  You are advised to disconnect the air hose after each use.  The metal connectors addressed this concern but the crimped hose defeated the foresight of having metal connectors.  I disconnected the hose from the unit and was able to get the other end attached without crimping the hose but then when attaching the tire valve inflator to the already crimped end, it crimped in the same place again.   This is, in my opinion, a design flaw which would not be corrected by simply requesting a new air hose from the manufacturer.  Therefore I returned the unit as it can not meet my simple needs let alone those described by the manufacturer as within its capabilities.  With a better air hose this would appear to be a very nice little unit.


From the manufacturer:
User-friendly design
Easy-to-read gauge
100PSI
Tank eliminates the pulsations caused by piston action
Accessory kit contains 25-foot recoil hose, female coupler, male plug, air chuck, inflation needle, 2-inch inflation nozzles

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips