This is a handy knife. I particularly like the thumb indent. I felt it added a control feature missing in many knives. There is also a non-slip pad that fit my little finger on the underside of the handle. On the top front there is a indent to help hold the knife when you rock . Once again I like additional control. I'm not a chef, I want to keep all my fingers and control features help.
From the vendor:
Bottom of Form
- Multi-purpose 8" Chef's Knife making cooking with ease, control, and accuracy; perfect for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing
- Safety touchpoints on top of blade for a more controlled "rocking" motion and comfort rest for thumb/index finger
- Antibacterial protected and contoured handle for both large and small hands creating hassle-free manuvering
- High quality X50CrMoV15 German steel, is razor sharp, rust-resistant, durable, tarnish-free and easy to re-sharpen
- Lifetime Zyliss Warranty, Dishwasher Safe remaining sharp wash after wash
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.