Skip to main content

SATA Hard Drive Docking Station

Here is a very cool tool for your favorite computer geek. It is a hard drive docking station. It is made by ThermalTake, part number N0028US, under $40.00 including free shipping at Amazon. You pop in SATA hard drives just like you pop your PDA into it’s docking cradle. My only beef is they only make it for SATA hard drives. I think a model for ATA hard drives would make a lot of sense since many of us have ATA hard drives just laying around not being used. How cool would it be to just be able to pop in those old hard drives as easily as a CD or DVD? Alas they only support SATA but it is still something to consider. This is not a paid post however if you do decide to buy it and go through the Amazon link I will get a commission.

Specs:
2.5” & 3.5” USB SATA HDD Docking Station, Supports All 2.5” & 3.5” SATA Hard Drives up to 1.5 TB !!
Supports All 2.5” & 3.5” SATA HDDs up to 1.5TB !
Hot-Swap Capability for Rapid Multi HDDs Access & Exchange
Supports USB 2.0 Transfer Speed up to 480Mbps
Windows & Mac OS Compatible
Compact Docking Station Design maximizes Heat Dissipation & Exhaust
Windows Vista Ready !
Enclosure Interface: USB 2.0
Transfer Rate: Up to 480 Mbps (Max)
HDD Compatible: SATA I & SATA II
HDD Capacity: All 2.5” or 3.5” SATA HDD up to 1.5 TB
OS Compatible: Windows Vista / XP / 2003 / 2000 / NT / 98 / 95 Mac 10.3 and later
Material: ABS Plastic
Power Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz / 1A ; Output: 12V / 2A
Dimension: 5.12 x 3.55 x 2.56 in. (L x W x H); 130 x 90 x 65 mm (L x W x H)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...