FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Graco Auburn 6 Drawer Double Dresser, Espresso


The build quality of this dresser s very nice, much better than many other brands of knocked down furniture I have assembled. (My previous life we sold a fair amount of kd furniture for computers and generally assembled it for the client.)  The finish has some areas that the stain needs touched up.  The openings around the drawer have almost a framed look due to the lack of stain making a lighter color line.   There are a couple of scratches on the finish that appear to have been there when the product was stained.   They are scratched but since they are stained, I have to guess it was done prior to staining.   The drawers insert easily and they move quietly and easily   The finished piece has a good look to it. 

Assembly should have been easier.  Printing part numbers on the sheets the parts were adhered to would helped to avoid errors.   On the plus side there were actually all the screws and pieces there were supposed to be.   I guess that is a commentary on how frequently that isn't the case.   Assembly wasn't difficult but I think the diagrams could be clearer and I  know clear labels on the parts would have saved me some aggravation.  The only place I was able to use a power screw driver was the backing of the dresser.  All the rest of the areas that had screws were angled to the point that only the included Allen wrench could reach. 

Overall it is a nice piece of furniture that should provide good service but the instructions could use some work.  

·   Features 6 spacious drawers to store clothes, toys and other belongings
·   Universal dresser coordinates with Graco or any other children's furniture
·    Made with high quality pine wood and composites, features durable steel hardware
·    Euro-glide drawers with built-in safety stops. Solid pine wood drawer sides and backs
·     Available in multiple safe, non-toxic finishes; Anti-tipping kit included

 If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips