Skip to main content

Yamaha YAS-103 Soundbar


This is an excellent sound bar.  It set up easily.  It comes with an optical cable which seems like such a no-brainer but I have reviewed several which did not include any cables.  

I turned on the power and it worked.  If you are satisfied with the sound, that's it, you are done.  Incredibly easy.  

You can interface it with your remote which also shocked me with how easy it was compared to others I have reviewed.   The last sound bar I reviewed, I was never able to get the on/off to work with my Comcast remote.  Thus you had to use the sound bar remote to turn the sound bar off and on and then you could adjust the volume with your Comcast remote.  This sound bar all the basic functions programmed seamlessly. 

Bluetooth setup was just as easy and I was impressed with the sound out put.  The bass is adjustable and surprisingly robust since there is no external or separate base.  Clear voice does seem to enhance dialogue on TV shows.   You get good separation on the stereo selection which again is a surprise considering it is only 39" long.   That is a serious selling feature for my spouse as she did not like the size of the 60" sound bar I had previously reviewed.  

The surround sound setting seems to provide the best audio experience but I haven't experienced any content that featured surround sound to truly test it.

The feet are detachable if you want to wall mount or have it lower in front of your TV.   The infrared pass through was another remarkably easy set up.   I didn't want to remove the feet as it appears one of the speakers feeds out the bottom and I was afraid that would muffle it.   The infrared pass through worked seamlessly too.  

I am impressed with this sound bar.   It is not the $1000.00 Yamaha sound bar that amazes you with it's surround features but for the $249.00 it is far more than adequate for everyone but an audiophile.

·                           Bluetooth wireless music streaming from your smartphone or tablet
·                           Compatible with HT Controller app for iOS and Android to easily perform operation and sound settings.
·                           TV remote repeater forwards infrared signals to TV even if the YAS-103 is blocking the TV's sensor.
·                           Air Surround Xtreme delivers 7.1-channel surround sound.
·                           Integrated system equipped with dual front speakers and dual-driver subwoofer.


If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...