Skip to main content

How to Reduce Your Car Insurance Bill



Every car owner must purchase auto insurance as required by state laws. Start by getting auto insurance quotes from several companies. You may be surprised at the savings you can achieve simply by shopping around for affordable car insurance. And only take the insurance coverages that you are required to take by state law and by the lending or leasing company you used to purchase your vehicle.

One of the best ways to save money is to take an approved defensive driving class. They are usually six hours and many states allow you to take them online. They give you valuable information to improve your ability to drive safely and they ask you to answer questions so that you can learn. you submit your course completion certificate to your car insurance company, you will receive a substantial reduction on your rates.


Another important way to save money on your auto insurance is to manage your deductibles in a way that makes sense to you. Your automobile financer will require that you take out collision insurance. This protects you if your car is hit and there is no one to go after. It also allows you to be paid by your insurance company for repairs while you are waiting for the other driver's insurance company to settle the claim. Most finance companies require a maximum of $1,000 deductible. This means that you are responsible for the first $1,000 in repairs and that your carrier will pay the rest. If you opt for $500 deductible, you will pay substantially higher premiums but you will only be responsible for the first $500 in damages. The bottom line is to select the highest deductible that you are allowed and that makes you comfortable.


You can minimize your premiums by being a good and lawful driver. Convictions can add penalties to your premiums as the insurance company will perceive you as a higher risk. And lastly, try to manage your credit so that you remain in the top tier.


This was a guest post with links, all links have been removed. 
 

Comments

Taking the approved defense driving course is the surest way. It's easy to comply with and it's really not that a hassle. I'm taking the courses right now and it's really fun.
Good post. I would also suggest something here. Go for cheaper car insurance policies from car shippers as they have good packages too.

Regards

.A-

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...