Skip to main content

Free Books

Free Books

Once upon a time an employee of mine was showing some emotional distress. She told me that her live in boyfriend had left her because she couldn’t deal with her having a child. (Kid was 3 so it wasn’t like he was a surprise) She felt she could deal with the problem but she just didn’t know what to tell her child who wanted to know what happen to the boyfriend. I wrote “Mommy’s Friend Goes Away” and gave it to her.
I was discussing the story with a volunteer at a local agency who suggested writing about spousal abuse. This snowballed into other suggested topics.

If you want to see the topics feel free to click on the link to the right under favorite sites. The stories are free to download for non-profit use. They are stored in a .pdf format. They can be saved to your computer and printed out. They are directed toward pre-school and younger children. They deal with topics that are often ignored or unseen. If you know a child that can benefit from having one of these stories read to them, please read it or print it out and give it to someone who will read it to them. If you have any resources that could help to get these stories published or improved please email me. If you are an illustrator looking to donate your talent to re-illustrate these works, I am aware that my graphics are not exactly top notch, please contact me. Our children are our legacy and our future, my hope is that these stories may help them reach their future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...