Skip to main content

DS18 HDPBT Noise Isolating Over Ear Foldable Bluetooth Headphone with Mic and FM Radio


Overall I liked these headphones.  Initially I was not happy with the connectivity.  I first tried to connect to my Galaxy tablet and they would not connect.  Then I tried my Kindle Fire and they connected immediately.  Next I tried my S7 phone and it connected immediately.  I went back to the tablet and tried a few more times to connect and finally it connected. Not sure why there was an issue with the tablet. I had difficulty getting the headset to connect to the device I wanted to use.  After experimenting, it seemed to prefer to automatically connect to the Kindle and I had to distant myself from the Kindle to get any other device to connect.

I read some of the other reviews and was a bit surprised at the negativity regarding the FM reception.  I was not surprised when a station would get static as I moved around.  Considering all the metal 2x4 replacement studs, I am often surprised to get any radio reception.   I thought the FM aspect was acceptable.

The Sound quality through Bluetooth was fine, not exceptional but fine.   The headset was as comfortable as headsets get.  I have never found a pair, regardless of price, that I found comfortable for any length of time. 

Somebody must make a headset that can be controlled via a menu on your phone or device, I find the buttons on the headset to be impossible to use when I am wearing the headset.

The headset did not do well for making calls.  People complained they could not hear me.

Watching videos the headset did just fine.  Considering the  price, this headset is a decent value. 

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...