FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Western Union: Beware of Hidden Fees



Recently I attempted to pay a book illustrator for her work by using PayPal.   I have used the PayPal service to send my illustrator money for several years.  The December payment went through just fine.  Imagine my surprise when the March payment would not process.  I spent hours, that’s hours, not minutes on the phone with PayPal who never did figure out the problem.  I was forced to find an alternate method of paying my illustrator.

I turned to Western Union whose $34.00 fee was less than the $65.00 bank transfer fee my bank wanted.   Now the hidden fee part comes because if you use a credit card to fund a Western Union transfer, you get charged Cash Advance Fees by your credit card company.  That added an additional $11.99 in fees to the already $34.00 fee from Western Union

Now my illustrator lives in Bosnia.  I don’t know why PayPal could not re-do a transaction they did multiple times over multiple years.   That remains a mystery.

This is under Buyer Beware, there may be fee’s you never considered when you try and pay someone through the Internet. 

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips