Skip to main content

FindX Find Anything: Track, Locate , and Camera Trigger, Compatible with iOS and Android




Conceptually I like this.  This is a small, 1 5/8" x 3/8" approximately, device that is used to keep track of your stuff.  You install the application on your phone.  The setup and connection is quick and easy, it uses Bluetooth.   Hold the button on the device and it rings your phone.  Press the button on your phone and it sets off a tinny sound from the device.   It is a bi-directional divining rod for your gear.   If you constantly lose your keys, put the device on your key ring and when they are MIA you trigger it via your phone.  This assumes you don't consistently misplace your phone as well.   The vendor hope is you buy a bunch of these and attach them to your stuff.  A feature that appears to be a bonus is you can turn on the camera from the phone application and trigger the photo with the device.  I, frankly am one of those manually anti-dexterous folks who have trouble holding my phone and pressing the shutter.   This allows you to trigger the shutter with the FindX device.  It also would be good for group shots, prop your phone up and get a larger group.

The device also registers the last time a connection was made and apparently stores that info.  So if you have misplaced your tablet and have attached one of these, you can see on your phone via GPS the last place your phone had a connection with the FindX device.  You go to that location and trigger bluetooth to find the tablet.  

The sum total of directions is a tiny fold out with the device.   It says their is a tutorial in the application but it is more like a diagram than a tutorial.   I went to their website to see if there was more information there and nope, there wasn't.   So good gadget with tepid documentation. 

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...