This clipper cuts just fine. I think with kids the main selling feature would be how quiet it is. I have seen toddlers freak out over the noise of the beauty salon clippers. The height adjustment seems a bit flimsy. The cordless aspect is another good feature. It is priced in the same arena as corder clippers, SRP is $35.00.
· Ultra quiet to help the child feel at ease
· Skin-friendly contour-following comb for speed and comfort
· Two adjustable combs offer 15 length settings from 1/8" to 1 3/4" (3-42mm)
· Lithium-ion battery for powerful corded and cordless use; charges in 8 hours for 45 minutes of cordless use
· Compact and lightweight for easy maneuverability
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.