I'm prone to space toys. This toy appears to be durable. I will revise that opinion if need be when I have done a true test with a four year old. It has the requisite flashing light and voices. The space man has two spots that he can control different features. Imagination will be crucial to maximize the play time with this toy. I may be living in the past but it seems like pricing could be about 20% less for the value I perceived. It should provide some fun times but I would surmise the 3-8 year old age spread should be decreased to perhaps 3-5 year old. The repetitive phrases may drive the parent bonkers though.
· Turn space figure on lower activation disk to open and release space shuttle
· Press button on front of shuttle to hear cool sound effects and phrases
· Press button to fire "laser" projectile from moveable launcher
· Includes space station, space figure, space shuttle with two projectiles, and a removable projectile launcher with an additional projectile
· Turn space figure on upper activation disk to activate spinning ring jail-Press button to fire ?laser? projectile from moveable launcher
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.