Ok, maybe it is age related but I'm reasonably technical. I found the pictograph Welcome to Planet Otterbox quick start guide grossly inadequate. I would recommend actual photos as opposed to drawings and close ups as to where to push, pull or stick your knife blade to get the darn thing open. If it offers as much protection as it takes to get the thing on your phone it will be super. I was able to get it open and as I mentioned, my trusty pocket knife was invaluable getting the darn thing open. Once it was open it was easy to get my phone into it. It does seem that it is well constructed but it is very bulky with the belt clip. It isn't too bad without the belt clip. I'm not overly fond of belt or pocket clips. With all of the publicity of nut jobs grabbing peoples phones, I feel better having it in my jeans pocket. I have trouble getting it out so a thief would have to a very attractive female and overly friendly to get it out of my pocket.
This does seem to offer a great deal of protection. If you are a belt or pocket clip person, I suspect you would love it. I do like the flaps that protect the ports but it was a bit of a push to get the power port open wide enough for my charger.
· Enjoy complete functionality of the device through the Defender Series case, including microphones, speakers, cameras and flash
· Port plugs keep dust and debris from entering the main openings of the device
· Multi-layered case includes a polycarbonate inner layer, built-in screen protector, outer slipcover and a holster/ kickstand
· Size (LWH): 8 inches, 2 inches, 4 inches
· Weight: 4.48 ouncesIf reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.