FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Neodymium Magnets Hold A Grill Cover


10 Neodymium Magnets 1/2 x 1/8 inch Disc N48
Arrows show where magnets are attached to
hold the new door. 

At $8.00 on Amazon,these magnets are pretty darn cool.  The magnets are roughly the size of a Tums and they are strong!  They come in a stack and they are a bit difficult to separate.  6.1 pounds of pull doesn't sound like much but when you stick one of these puppies on a flat metal surface you either need very strong fingernails or be able to slide it off the surface on which you place it.  

I'm a re-purposer, sometimes referred to as Rube Goldbergerish.   I was not happy with the back of my new grill being open to the world.   I took the side of an old computer tower, spray painted black and used it across the back of the grill.  Rather than purchasing hinges, I thought I would see if I could the metal on the grill cart with magnets.   Surprise, surprise, it worked just fine.   There is still a large gap at the top for ventilation and the unsightly propane tank is now hidden.  

These magnets are surprisingly strong and I can think of many uses for magnets that actually work.   I think they were a good value for the money. 


Product Features From Vendor:

·                   Size: 1/2 inch diameter x 1/8 inch thick discs.
·                   Nickel (Ni) Plated (silver-like shine)
·                   Grade: N48 - Extremely powerful magnetic material
·                   Pull Force is approximately 6.1 pounds under ideal conditions.
·                  Axially magnetized


If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips