This was purchased as a direct replacement of the same model fan installed at least 10 years ago. The previous model gave very good service and as mentioned did so for at least 10 years. The Broan tech I spoke to suggested buying the entire fan assembly as opposed to just buying the replacement fan as the entire assembly would be cheaper than just the replacement part. I did so. I removed the motor, thermostat switch and fan from the assembly. I then installed it in the old ventilator. It fit perfectly and works well. My only complaint was the ground screw in the thermostat switch was not sized correctly or the hole wasn’t punched large enough. Using a socket wrench I was actually deforming the metal encasement of the thermostat switch trying to drive the grounding screw. I drilled out the hole a bit to try and it still did not want to drive and I was unwilling to drill the hole any larger. I replaced the screw with another sheet metal screw and it worked fine. So overall, the fan works well, the thermostat turns the fan on and hopefully will last as long as the first model did. BTW I researched the recommended temperature setting and the suggested setting for the fan was between 100 degrees and 110 degrees. I had the old one set at 90 degrees which explains why it ran so often. That also suggests I might have gotten even more life out of it had I set the thermostat correctly.
From the vendor:
- 4.3 Amps 1200 CFM for up to 1715 square feet of attic space
- Precision balanced 14-Inch metal blade for maximum air flow and minimum sound level with PVC plastic dome provides ultraviolet protection and superior durability
- 23 gage metal flashing - allows for nailing and hot tar application and mesh bird screen
- Built-in adjustable thermostat - for automatic operation at your chosen temperature level and thermally protected and permanently lubricated motor
- Mounts easily between rafters - installation template included
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.