Skip to main content

Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack




Like many of us, I have found myself increasingly dependent on my phone.  I get positively paranoid if I forget my phone on my desk.  My palms get sweaty when I find my self evaluating the time left on my phone battery.  I feel the remaining time in excruciating detail as I wait for my life to go black!  Reading his over, I am increasingly despondent on how fixated I have become on cellular reception.  It isn’t just to chit chat, Oh No!, nothing as simple as chit chat.

I want to find the best price on gasoline with GasBuddy.   I want to check on Roethlisberger’s condition.   Arrghh! I want to check the stock market or ball game score and I can’t do any with a DEAD battery.  

There is hope and it isn’t expensive.  This is the perfect item when you find yourself charger-less.   Those of you who have never, ever left your charger someplace you wish you hadn’t may cast the first stone. Otherwise, button up and be aware there is a simple solution.   This little fellow is smaller and thinner than my DroidX and will recharge it while I am using it.   It seems to have double the strength of the battery on the Droid.   For $27.69 at Amazon, you can slip this in your briefcase, jean’s pocket or duct tape it to the back of your phone and have TWICE as long to stay connected.   



Universal and portable, the P793 is a power pack that can simultaneously charge multiple devices, including mobile devices like the iPhone, Bluetooth headsets, and MP3 players. With 1420 mAh capacity, the P793 can provide up to an additional five hours of talk time.



It has a single micro USB connector that will fit many items besides your phone and a standard USB if you have your charging cable.   It charged to full charge in less than two hours.  This would make a great stocking stuffer. 
 
·  Universal Compatibility: Designed to work all brands that charge via USB such as Apple, BlackBerry, Samsung, LG, Nokia and more
·  Power On the Go: It’s small and lightweight, yet can provide up to 5 hours of additional talk time
·  CarbonFree: Through an alliance with the Carbonfund.org, Motorola has offset the energy used to manufacture, distribute and use.
·  Included in Motorola red Retail Packaging: Universal Portable Charger, MircoUSB CarbonFreewall charger, user guide, warranty card
·  Product uses plastic materials from discarded water bottles. Product is made from eco-friendly materials - no BFRs or PVCs- and is CarbonFree
 

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...