Skip to main content

How the internet has changed the way we should buy insurance.


How the internet has changed the way we should buy insurance.

The internet has got a lot to answer for, and the way we communicate with each other, even in the same house has been changed by our ease of access to technology. Rarely do families now sit around the lounge actually talking to each other, instead communicating with each other and the outside world through a range of devices including smart phones, tablets and laptop computers. 

The way in which we do our shopping has also changed quite substantially, although many, apart from the shop based retailers, will agree for the better as we can now do our shopping online, or reserve products in a store before visiting ourselves to collect the items we need. We can also compared the price of different products before visiting the shop that sells it the cheapest, something we may have had to do on foot, or over the phone previously.

The biggest difference the online world has made to shopping online comes in the financial market, where the purchasing of insurance products has been totally revolutionized. 

No longer will customers be happy to trust their auto insurer that their renewal quote is good value, simply logging onto an insurance comparison site before comparing the cost of auto insurance from over 100 different providers in one place, thanks to one thirty second search after typing their details in once.

To get the same information 15 years ago would have required a customer to make over 100 different phone calls, giving their details 100 different times and spending so long, and so much on their phone bill that it’s actually no surprise most people chose to stick to the same insurer year after year.
Life insurance has also changed substantially, and in the UK at Life Insurance Quotes we’ve seen a huge increase in the number of customers now using our comparison service to find the cheapest life insurance from a number of the leading life insurance providers, instead of paying a mortgage advisor or financial advisors commission through the price they paid for their life insurance in the first place.

The internet means things will never be the same again, but the whole world has become more accessible, and those who sell the best products, at the right price will inevitably prosper as more and more reviews and recommendations point customers in the direction of their website, and their products.

This is a guest post, I'm guessing from the publicist for the owners of the links.  I checked out the links and they appear harmless.  I accept guest posts that are interesting or make sense.   This makes sense for me as this is how I now shop.   Posting this is not, in any way, an endorsement of the links or the companies they represent.  

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...