FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Epson Work Force 7010

Be warned this is a large printer, that is to be expected when you see that it can print large format paper but it was still a bit surprising to get it out of the box and see how big it really is.
22 x 16.3 x 10.4 inches ; 27.1 pounds

Installation on my network through Ethernet went well.  My only caution on that is that the first screen that identifies the printer shows the printer greyed out.   I discovered that you just push through, hitting next and finally it all installs and lets you print a test page.   The first test page took several minutes.   After that the test pages from the other two computers were quite prompt.

I installed the software on an Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP machines.  All worked fine, saw the printer and printed out beautifully.  I printed out some photos on glossy paper and they were also beautiful.  I know from past experience that Epson printers actually do print out better on Epson brand paper but I was more than happy with the results from the Canon brand paper I already have.

I have had the Epson multi-cartridge printers before and it is cheaper to use.   When you run out of magenta, you replace the magenta cartridge rather than an entire multi-colored cartridge.   The cost of operation is definitely better with this printer. 

Overall it is a nice printer, the two trays and network ability mean it would function quite well in an office setting.  The price and the operating costs mean it is a good value for the money.

I recommend it. 

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips