FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Thursday, February 9, 2012

TCL 40” LCD Beauty

,
TCL L40FHDF12TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty

First this isn’t a bargain, it is a steal. I got it at Amazon for $319 including shipping. It is a measure of TCL’s confidence in their product that they have a 2 year warranty included. Some TV’s have as short as a 90 day warrantee which to me means they don’t have a whole lot of confidence in their product.

Packaging on this TV was superb. It was well protected and if I would have looked at the diagram on the box, I would have just cut the shipping straps and been able to lift the box off. Instead, I pulled the staples and lifted the TV out to discover how difficult I made it. Alas, such is life.

Setup was simple and the picture is excellent. HD is terrific with no adjustments, color calibration or skull cracking needed. I was not seeing the scores on the football game and discovered I had inadvertently zoomed in, once I zoomed out everything was perfect.

The remote has a solid feel but what appears to be a main control is not as main as you would think. That is how I inadvertently zoomed.

There are a wealth of connections on this TV, both on the side and the back.

Overall, this is the best TV for the money I have seen.

I did not get any financial compensation from anyone for writing this review.

Product Features

  • Plug-and-Play Compatibility for More Entertainment Options
  • Numerous Inputs and Outputs
  • Enhanced Picture and Sound Quality
  • Channel Labeling and Sleep Timer for Ease of Use
  • Efficient Design Saves Money and Energy

Technical Details

  • Brand Name: Tcl
  • Model: L40FHDF12TA
  • Display Technology: LCD
  • Display Size: 40.0 inches
  • Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09
  • Image Contrast Ratio: 4000:1
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Refresh Rate: 60

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips