FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another Super Free Service--Weebly


Not long ago I wondered what value I was getting from my website. I don’t sell on it. I use it to inform people about my writing. $72/year was not exorbitant but besides having an email address that was to my website, what was I getting.

I pondered that and then Googled free websites and read reviews and read more reviews and then more reviews. I’m convinced that there is a positive, a negative and a neutral opinion on everything and it is on the web. I settled on Weebly. I haven’t found Google Adsense a revenue generator. If I had, I probably would not have chosen Weebly. The most frequent complaint I read about Weebly was that they take 50% of your Adsense revenue. Well, 50% of nothing is nothing so I wasn’t overly concerned about that.

They have a slick interface and idiot proof tools for creating and more importantly maintaining your website. It is easy to use, highly customizable and dismayingly more professional than the site that I had laboriously created myself using such antiquated tools as Pagemaker, Dreamweaver and WebPlus 4X. Not to mention software that I didn’t use long enough to remember its name.

So after a month, I am happy with what I created at Weebly…FOR FREE!

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips