Skip to main content

Nintendo Wii Zapper


First you need a Wii then you add the Zapper. I am a Wii fan and I don’t even own one. My boys have Wii and I have a ball playing games with my grandchildren on the Wii. Since my kids had the first cybercafé in the area, I got to experiment with a lot of the cool kid related stuff. So for all you old Atari gamers out there, the Wii is a whole different level. I can bowl or play tennis with my 4 year old grandchild and race cars with my 10 year old. The Zapper adds the ability to point and shoot. It comes with software that has some strange looking skeletal creatures that you can shoot as they crawl out of the sand or even stranger looking ones that conveniently put targets on their chest. The price is right, $20.00 in many places. It works very well, you put the remote in the Zapper and it becomes you ticket to all sorts of shooting games. Yes, you shoot things. When I was a kid I had all kinds of toy guns and I have yet to succumb to any kind of mindless shooting spree. I tried to limit my kids exposure to guns and they built guns out of their Legos. I am not encouraging anyone to shoot anything or to run out and buy a real gun, but I am stating that I don’t think your kid is going to turn into a monster if he plays shooting games, on the computer, around the neighborhood or on the Wii. You parents, it is your job to determine if they become obsessive and your job to deal with that. The vast majority of people playing with shooting games and the above Zapper will never be any kind of threat to society. This as a conclusion on a blog about a cool new toy is a measure of how weird our society has gotten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...