Skip to main content

The Naked Truth of the 70's

There is no naked here but it got your attention didn’t it. There seems to be a lot of nostalgia about the 70’s. If you lived through the 70’s and say you remember them, then you weren’t really there. Kinda like a Who concert, if you remember it, you probably saw it on TV. Somehow there were actually 22 million people at Woodstock, if you believe all of us old timers who claim we were there. I wasn’t, but I could have been. I had a ride and didn’t take it. Sleeping on the ground at that point in my life meant that I was too drunk to get home. Later as a Boy Scout leader and a picture of sobriety and responsibility, I again slept on the ground. Frankly the camaraderie of the Boy Scouts was a lot more genuine than many of my hippie friends in the 70’s. Even today we celebrate the hippie culture.

Drugs were rampant in those days but seemed far less destructive that what is currently on the street. Ironically enough you could buy marijuana on the street in Panama City in 1939 and still can today. An addictive personality was addicted then and is now. Our prisons are full of non-violent folks who would be better served by therapy leaving more room to accommodate the violent sociopaths. Drugs were a problem in the 70’s and they continue to be a problem today. Frankly we haven’t learned a whole lot in the ensuing 38 years. Watch for more nostalgia.




Comments

Unk Dicko said…
The 70's for me was a great and momentous time. Yeah...the hippie culture had also crept into our shores. Long hair, soft drugs, loose living and songs of freedom.
I love the songs of the times!

Dick Yip

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...