The built in sharpener is an interesting feature. I am a bit obsessive about keeping my knives sharp. If this works well, it is very nice. The grip has a good feel and the knife feels well balanced. I think this knife will get a lot of use. Only $10.50 at Amazon. Oh, the packaging is dreadful, the impossible to cut clam shell indestructible clear plastic. It took a knife and scissors to get in it and I screwed up the scissors otherwise this would be five stars.
- Farberware EdgeKeeper Knives feature a sheath with innovated technology that is designed to automatically sharpen the blade with each use
- The EdgeKeeper protective sheath contains a built-in mechanism that hones the blade before and after each use, maintaining a blade's razor-sharp edge
- The blade is made from high-carbon steel that lends strength, sharpness, and durability
- The Santoku knife combines the best features of a chef's knife and a cleaver, with a wide, heavy blade that is ideal for chopping, slicing, and dicing
- Hand-wash only with warm, soapy water and dry immediately
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.