FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Holmes Group HAP3000UV-TU Tower Air Purifier, Mini

This is a five stage air purification system.  I did not expect to be impressed due to the quite reasonable price of $50 at Amazon.  This air filter starts with a coarse pre-filter, then has a HEPA type filter for particulates like pollen, then a carbon filter for odors and an ion filter and finally a UV bulb as a germicide.   I find that quite impressive for such a low cost filter.  

The fan settings are high and low.   The high is very quiet and the low is almost indiscernible.   Personally I sleep better with a little "white" noise so I like the high setting.  Of course that means it draws more air and theoretically will give you cleaner air based on volume alone.   I also like that there is a pictograph inside the filter compartment showing the correct order of the filters.   The instruction set does the same thing but in reality the instruction brochure will be tossed in a drawer and effectively disappear. 

The carbon filter is the only one that it is recommended for relatively frequent replacement at three to four month intervals.  A four pack of filters can be had for $10.00 so Holmes has kept the consumables reasonably priced.  The small size is also a nice feature. 5.9 x 7 x 13.2 inches. 

This appears to be an excellent value for the money.

From the vendor:
  • Permanent Filtration for hassle free operation
  • Incorporates UV technology for germ killing power
  • Carbon and PCO filter for odor elimination
  • Digital Control Panel, 3 speed settings, 8 hour timer
  • Slim design and integrated handle allow flexibility in placing the unit throughout the home; recommended for small rooms
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips