Skip to main content

LeapFrog LeapBand




I'm not sure an activity tracker for a kid this age makes sense but it is darn cute.   I guess with the parents obsessing about fitness or hopefully so, it isn't a stretch to think a kid would enjoy emulating the parent.  The screen is very clear, the sound could be a touch louder but that may be old ears vs. young ears that haven't been corrupted by 50 years of Rock.   The activities are good and seem very appealing to an age appropriate kid.   The fact that it can be set for the time when the kid is in school so that the little voice doesn't come popping out during class is a necessary feature.   I think it will provide enjoyment and fun.  My experience with this age is that physical activity is hardly an issue but I guess with the epidemic of obesity there will be concerned parents who see this as a requisite.  Since it doubles as a watch,  I think it will have both utilitarian aspects and fun ones from the activities.  I will report back here if that doesn't hold true after the serious test by my in house 5 year old.   

To set this up, you will need to connect to an Internet connected computer with an available USB port.

·                        Experience the first activity tracker made for kids?LeapBand is fit made fun!
·                        Preload LeapBand with 50 active challenges that get kids moving, like ?Pounce like a lion!"
·                        Parent controls on LeapFrog Connect make it easy to set play times, challenges and more.
·                        Encourages active play, nurturing and healthy choices.
·                        Ages 4-7 years.

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

I'm not sure an activity tracker for a kid this age makes sense but it is darn cute. I guess with the parents obsessing about fitness or hopefully so, ... ileapfrogleapband.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...