FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Sunday, October 19, 2014

LeapFrog LeapBand




I'm not sure an activity tracker for a kid this age makes sense but it is darn cute.   I guess with the parents obsessing about fitness or hopefully so, it isn't a stretch to think a kid would enjoy emulating the parent.  The screen is very clear, the sound could be a touch louder but that may be old ears vs. young ears that haven't been corrupted by 50 years of Rock.   The activities are good and seem very appealing to an age appropriate kid.   The fact that it can be set for the time when the kid is in school so that the little voice doesn't come popping out during class is a necessary feature.   I think it will provide enjoyment and fun.  My experience with this age is that physical activity is hardly an issue but I guess with the epidemic of obesity there will be concerned parents who see this as a requisite.  Since it doubles as a watch,  I think it will have both utilitarian aspects and fun ones from the activities.  I will report back here if that doesn't hold true after the serious test by my in house 5 year old.   

To set this up, you will need to connect to an Internet connected computer with an available USB port.

·                        Experience the first activity tracker made for kids?LeapBand is fit made fun!
·                        Preload LeapBand with 50 active challenges that get kids moving, like ?Pounce like a lion!"
·                        Parent controls on LeapFrog Connect make it easy to set play times, challenges and more.
·                        Encourages active play, nurturing and healthy choices.
·                        Ages 4-7 years.

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

1 comment:

Leapfrog Leapband said...

I'm not sure an activity tracker for a kid this age makes sense but it is darn cute. I guess with the parents obsessing about fitness or hopefully so, ... ileapfrogleapband.blogspot.com

 Money Saving Tech Tips