This little four port switch integrated right into my network. I didn’t read any directions, I plugged it in, put a cat5 cable in the WAN port, hooked up my laptop and bingo, it was there. I must say that is so refreshing, considering the number of supposedly plug and play devices I have looked at lately that were anything but plug and play.
The device comes with a rack mount bracket that can be removed. I left it on because it gave it enough height so I could situate it behind my KVM switch and still see the lights. This is a nice little switch.
· Connects to a Category 5e Voice and Data Module with Category 5 or Category 5e patch cords
· Cascade additional switches or hubs from any LAN port with auto-detect uplink, designed for up to 253 connections
· UPnP (universal plug-and-play) allows automatic discovery and configuration of the Gateway
· Built-in NAT firewall protects networks from outside observation and provides secure communication for network users
· Customizes web access and filters unwanted sites with URL blocking feature
From the Manufacturer:
Leviton's 10/100Mbps 4-Port Internet Gateway allows multiple users to utilize a single, secure, high-speed broadband (DSL or cable) Internet connection, and it creates a private network for home, small office or school environments. 10/100Mbps 4-Port Internet Gateway.
High-Speed 4-port 10/100 Mbps switch with ethernet router, for DSL cable and more, Share one broadband Internet connection among multiple computers, share information, share the net and play games. Built-In firewall protects your data from hackers; customize web access to filter unwanted site with URL blocking feature. Power adapter and removable bracket for use with other applications included.
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.