Due to restricted vision at night (I can't sleep in my glasses.) I find it highly annoying when I can't see a clock. My two fold up for travel clocks have no back lighting. Since I am a firm fan of marital bliss, I avoid turning lights on at night, particularly any near the bed. The normal back lighting on this is more than sufficient to see in the dark. Even more, if you hit the snooze button, you get a blazing light (only seems like that in the dark) that will illuminate your nightstand but not much further. My only regret is that they don't have one that has a cover that folds over the buttons to make it easier to pack. I really like this little clock. BTW if you think I'm some sort of pollyanna reviewer, check some of my other reviews. I call them as I see them and believe me not everything gets five stars. Wish it was made in the good old USA.
- Battery-powered digital alarm clock; equipped with Night Vision for unobtrusive green-lit display
- Light blue plastic casing; LCD features 1-1/5-inch high black digits
- Integrated motion sensor activates momentary backlight for nighttime time checking; ascending alarm with 4-minute snooze
- Requires separate purchase of 3 AA batteries
- Measures 4-3/4 inches wide by 3-3/4 inches deep by 2-2/5 inches high; made in China
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.