FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Honeywell RCWL105A Wireless Chime and Push Button


 
This unit is a replacement for one I purchased on eBay that crapped out with great rapidity.   Since it was $6.00 on eBay I wasn’t overly concerned but was annoyed.   This unit is $14.19 and may also be too cheap but as of yet that remains to be seen.  

I like the doorbells that have a plug in chime.   That just seems so much more practical than a set of battery chimes.   Sending the signal does not dramatically impact a battery but chiming does have a more significant draw, battery wise.  

This is a pretty simple unit.  It has 16 channels for signal transmission so if your neighbor acquires the same unit, you will be able to change channels.  (A side note when one of my neighbors got the same brand garage door opener that I had, I went to my book and changed my remote back to factory default.   I randomly raised and lowered his dooer for awhile until he saw me doubled over in laughter on my lawn. Lesson to be learned is always change from the factory default, whatever your product might be.)

There are only three chime tones, ding, dong and Westminster.   The cheap unit had 10 or 15 but since it stopped working that really isn’t a feature to brag about.

This setup easily and sounds good.   I bought two identical units to have identical chimes in different areas in the house.  It also gives me a spare transmitter and battery.   So far so good, I will return in 6 months to rate reliability.   
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips