FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Welcome

WELCOME

WELCOME
Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rebate Excuses


Rebates are a pain particularly if you don’t redeem them.   Statistics range widely on the number of rebates that remain unclaimed, anywhere from 38% to 68%.   Those statistics are exactly why the vendors use rebates instead of price reductions.   Their fondest hope is that the rebate will provide you with the incentive to buy and that you will never claim the rebate.   For vendors it is a win/win, they get a sale and don’t have to shell out the cash for the rebate.   If you make a purchase involving rebates you must force yourself to be responsible and claim your money.   If you don’t you are falling prey to a retailing trick and you only have yourself to blame.   Here is a link to a site that has the 10 most common excuses why rebates are not submitted.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips