FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Constant Guard From Xfinity Not So Hot


I got an email from Comcast touting their Constant Guard security package.   It’s free so I thought I would download and try it.   If you are interested just go to www.comcast.net and click on security. 


It downloaded and installed OK.   It asked a lot of questions and then had me reboot.   Interestingly after I rebooted, neither Firefox or ie9 would open.   Now I admit Comcast’s blurb about their wonderful security software sounded interesting but…

If it is so disruptive out of the box, what happens when it is entrenched?  I uninstalled it and will continue to use the variety of protection software  that have served me well.  

Alas, another disappointing experience with Comcast.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you uninstall Constant Guard?

ibpurpledragon said...

I went to START
Control Panel
Programs and Features
Uninstall
If that doesn't work you can always go to ZDnet.com, download cccleaner which is crap cleaner and install it. It will give you the ability to clean up your computer and under it's tools option is an uninstall feature that works very well.
Good luck!

 Money Saving Tech Tips