FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Terrific Solar Panel Deal But Not In Pennsylvania


Google recently provided a $280 million dollar grant to SolarCity to provide residential solar panels.   SolarCity can determine if your roof is properly situated and feasible for solar panels.    They will install the panels at no charge and the homeowner signs a lease for the panels.   The home owner pays the lease, the solar panels cut the homeowner’s electric bill by up to 60% (average) and we (nation) decrease our dependency on foreign energy sources.   

Wow, what a great idea, except in Pennsylvania where the utility companies have successfully prevented SolarCity from providing the zero down lease for installation.   Perhaps in other states there is also a strong enough utility lobby to prevent this too, I don’t know about other states but since I live in Pennsylvania I am a bit peeved.   

SolarCity can do the installation for $10,000.00 up front as a fully prepaid lease.   This is about one third of the cost but rebates, grants etc. make up the difference.  They do the paperwork, the homeowner just ponies up the $10k.    That is what they can offer in Pennsylvania.  

Now most of us aren’t keeping $10k under our bed or have that much walking around money. (Unless we are a sleazy politician)   So that is why I am peeved.   I live in a state that has allowed the “public” utility companies to extend our dependence on foreign oil and penalize the residential customer. 

In this economy and with the world turmoil surrounding energy independence, it is a darn shame that Pennsylvania is contributing to the problem and not helping to solve it.  

If this peeves you, call your state representative and tell them your concerns.   If you live in a more enlightened state I would recommend looking into SolarCity’s solar panels.   It could save you big buck$!


1 comment:

bishwajit said...

it's really good idea .i like it.
u can visit my site.hope u will be pleaser.
http://itoftheearth.blogspot.com

 Money Saving Tech Tips