FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Off The Chart by James W. Hall


SciFi is my first love but I find to keep some perspective on reality, I need to read other books. James W. Hall writes about as other as I can imagine. This guy writes a story that can keep you up at nights. Thorn, his main character in his books I have read*, is a dyed in the wool lone wolf. He makes lone wolves seem social. Thorn gets into bizarre situations and works his way through them. This particular book has a pirate focus. Interestingly enough, it drove me to the web to see how prevalent piracy is today. It is way more prevalent than I had a clue about. I love the web, it allows quick and easy research albeit often erroneous but still I love it. I am not real fond of reviews that provide too much detail on the book. I often don’t read the slip covers because I want to be surprised. Thorn shows he is growing and possibly maturing in this outing.
I strongly recommend all of the following for a great read, sometimes a bit disturbing but nevertheless a great read. He also wrote “Tropical Freeze”, “Blackwater Sound”, “Red Sky at Night”, “Mean High Tide” and “Hot Damn” which I have not tracked down yet.
Bones of Coral
Buzz Cut
Gone Wild
Hard Aground
Off The Chart
Squall Line
Under Cover of Daylight

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips