Skip to main content

Decibullz - Custom Molded Professional Filters with Professional Acoustic Filter Technology, Perfect for Musicians, Recording Professionals and Concertgoers




This is a product that I was totally unfamiliar with but seemed like a really good idea.  Growing up in the age of classic rock, I listened to a lot of music at levels that were no doubt damaging to my hearing.  Working in the steel mill also had serious noise levels.  This was in a time period where ear plugs were not recognized for hearing protection or at least not used.
 
We got to a lot of tribute band concerts and the noise level is often almost painful.  The venue hands out ear plugs but they distort the sound and the whole point is to immerse your self in music. (and nostalgia.)  I want be testing these in that type of venue for another month as we have tickets to a Classic Albums Live rendition of Led Zep II.  As an aside if you are into classic rock and have the opportunity to hear a Classic Albums Live concert, GO!  They do the albums note for note and word for word. But I digress, I tried these ear filters and cranked up my sound system to extreme.  They worked well not only to bring the music to a less painful level, they really seemed to let the nuances through without distortion.  I like the way the sound was far more than a traditional ear plug.

On the negative side, they need better instructions.  There are pieces that I don’t know what purpose they serve.  The molding process was easy and the result kind of knurly looking but effective.

For those of  you music lovers who want to preserve what little hearing you might have left, you should look into this product.
                                                                                     
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...