I compared this bulb to the GE 13-Watt Energy SmartTM - 60 watt replacement compact fluorescent bulb. This bulb is slightly smaller and is a more traditional shape than the coiled CF bulb. This bulb did not get as hot as the CF bulb. The visible light output was identical to my naked eye. The CF bulb claims 825 lumens while the LED bulb claims 800 lumens. Each are an economical method of replacing traditional incandescent lights. The CF bulb claimed 13 watts used and the LED claimed 11 watts. The CF bulb is not dimmable where as the LED bulb is dimmable. The CF bulb claims 8000 hours of use where as the LED bulb claims 24966 hours of use. Besides waste heat and dim ability the major difference is price. The LED bulb is $21.00 plus each and the CF is $1.53 each. I think once the price on the LED bulb technology drops they will be a very viable alternative. They are useful now in situations where you want to be able to dim the fixture and for those locations where it is difficult to change bulbs the LED makes sense due to it's increased lifespan.
· Included in the box is: 1- 11 Watt Dimmable LED A19, warm white
· Perfect bulb for ceiling fixtures, chandeliers, outdoor fixtures, portable lamps and vanity lighting applications
· Optimized driver offers smooth dimming and is compatible with a wider variety of dimmers
· 11 watts; 800 lumens; 80 CRI; 25,000 hour average rated life; Medium (E26) Base
· Dimensions: Maximum Overall Length is 4.13 (Inch); Bulb Diameter is 2.63 (Inch)
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.