Skip to main content

KRUD KUTTER CR32/6 Carpet Cleaner/Stain Remover, 32-Ounce by Krud Kutter



Rug 1
Price:   $12.83  at Amazon
This was a more involved review than some.  I had no carpet spots so  I created some.   I got to carpet scraps of different types and stained them.  One carpet type is similar to a Berber  and has lots of deep kind of holes.  The other type was a smoother, sheared type.   I took blackberry jelly and smeared it on both scraps.   I gave it 30 minutes to set and then I sprayed each carpet scrap.   See rug 1

Rug 2
The stain on the smoother carpet was practically eradicated on the first spraying.  I followed the instructions to not soak but to spray thoroughly.   I then rubbed it and patted it with a scrap of terry cloth and then  wiped it with  a damp terry cloth.   The Berber carpet did not fare as well on the first spray.   See Rug 2

Rug3
Rug Final
I used the spray again  and on the smooth carpet the stain is gone.   The only problem is that it was a pretty soiled scrap and there is now a lighter, dirt free area where the stain used to be.   The Berber carpet came out very well on the second spray.  See Rug 3 and Rug Final for close up.
Rug 4

On the heavily soiled smoother carpet, there was a long time (years) spot of indeterminate source.  I sprayed it and it came out beautifully.  See spot at top, middle of mauve rug on Rug 1 and missing spot on Rug 4.   

Overall this spray seems to work better than any other spot cleaner I have used.   I, admittedly, never rubbed blackberry jelly into a carpet before so I am quite impressed with the results.  


Details from Vendor:
Penetrates deep into the carpet fibers
Works on dirt, grease, odors and stains
Leaves no sticky residue
Safe for all carpet types, including nylon and other synthetic carpets, as well as stain resistant carpets
Special polymers repel dirt and stains so next time its easier to clean

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...