I researched tablets thoroughly and Samsung is the only other tablet in this size that I considered. Both tablets had the 1920x1200 resolution but the Samsung tablet did not have a functional USB port. I don’t have a strong use for a functional USB port but I like the flexibility it provides. I have tried a USB keyboard on the Acer and it worked just fine as long as you remember you aren’t dealing with a Microsoft OS. I tried a 1TB USB drive on the Acer and it also worked fine. I have not gotten a Micro HDMI to HDMI cable yet to test that feature.
The tablet has a great display. I’m not a big watcher of video on my tablets but I tested this and it passed with flying colors. I play some word games, check my email, do some surfing and basically use it as a really portable laptop. I plan on testing the HDMI and will report on that when the test is accomplished.
I snagged a 32gb microSD card for the tablet which gives me 64gb of storage. I am old enough to clearly remember my first 10MB hard drive so I am in awe of 64gb in my tablet. I have Skyped with the tablet and it seemed a little choppier than my laptop but I can’t say that is the tablet’s fault. I can’t picture myself walking around taking photos with the tablet but I tested it and it worked fine.
It comes with Polaris Office and that has opened my MS files with not difficulty. The sound is substantial but if you plan on watching a movie, I would suggest using headphones. I saw reviews on this product that mentioned heat issues. I leave it plugged in 24/7 unless I am using it and I saw no heat issues whatsoever.
Overall I am pleased with the tablet. It is priced all over the place so do your due diligence. As an aside, when I was in the business we had less problems with Acer products than most of the major brands.
· 10.1” Full HD Multi-Touch 1080p Display: (1920 x 1200) resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
· Android™ 4.0 Operating System (Ice Cream Sandwich)
· NVIDIA® Tegra™ 3 Quad Core Mobile Processor (1.3GHz) Super 4-PLUS-1™ Quad Core with Battery Saver Core
· 1GB DDR2 Memory
· Ultra Low Power (ULP) High Performance 12-core NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU
· 32GB internal storage
· MicroSD memory slot up to 32GB SDHC
· Dolby® Mobile 3 (upgradable to Dolby Mobile 3+)
· Stereo Speakers
· Dual-Analog Microphone
· 802.11b/g/n Wireless
· Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
· 1- Micro USB 2.0 Port
· 1- Micro-HDMI™ Out(with support for 1080p, dual displays and 5.1 channel surround sound)
· 5MP Rear-Facing Camera with Auto Focus
· Front-Facing HD Camera
· Sensors:G-Sensor, E-Compass, L Sensor, Gyro-meter
· Rechargeable Lithium-ion polymer Battery
· Up to 11-hours of Video Playback via Wi-fi(1)(1) Battery life varies depending on product specifications, tablet settings and applications or features launched.
· Up to 13-hours of Video Playback one system(2) (2) Battery life varies depending on product specifications, tablet settings and applications or features launched. Video Playback on system (Not streaming Wi-fi off)
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.