FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nutone HD80NT Exhaust Fan Incorrectly Rated for Continuous Operation


Nutone HD80NT Exhaust Fan Incorrectly Rated for Continuous Operation

I bought this exhaust fan from Home Depot at a price of $94 plus tax.   It wasn’t the most expensive exhaust fan they had but there were a whole boatload a lot cheaper.   I bought this was expressly because it was the only one I found that stated clearly on the box that it was rated for continuous operation.  NOT!

From the Nutone Web Site Model HD80NT  80 CFM Heavy Duty Fan
•          80 CFM, 2.5 Sones
•          Totally enclosed motor design for continuous operation.

After installing it which was a total pain as it was replacing an existing fan but that is another whole story, it ran for a whopping three days before is started making straining noises.   I turned it off and let it sit for 8 hours and turned it back on, it ran for a day and started making noises again.   I solved the problem by adding an Intermatic time switch which turns the fan on for 8 hours a day.   If I had to buy the Intermatic it would have added an additional $45.00 to an already expensive fan.  I happen to have a couple of Intermatics on the shelf so it wasn’t an issue except for the fact that Nutone claimed the fan was rated for continuous operation.   Once again, false advertising and inferior products claims another victim. 


No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips