Skip to main content

Kingston 16gb Flash Drive Is a Bargain

Paranoia is an ugly thing. After my new Acer Aspire had a hard drive crash I am wallowing in paranoia. Not only was in a major pain in the neck to reinstall all my programs, I am now the king of backup.

BTW, Windows Easy Transfer does work. That is a program that comes with Win7 that allows you to easily move your data from your old computer to your new computer. Doesn’t do squat for your programs but it is better than nothing. Of course you have to get Easy Transfer on your old computer and Windows 7’s incompatibility with anything that is more than 48 hours old made that a challenge. After I got it on my laptop I was able to use it though.

Back to paranoia, after I am sure that my new Acer Aspire hard drive is working I will do an IMAGE backup to an external USB drive. Windows 7 backup will do an image backup. An image backup is supposed to get programs and data. Boy I hope never again to need it but I will be doing it. Finally I am getting to the title of the blog. I got the Kingston flash drive because it was the biggest bang for the buck, $33.00 including shipping at Buy.com. If you go to 32gb the price way more than doubles.

I have been buying Kingston memory in some form or another for as long as Kingston has existed. Kingston’s customer support has never, ever failed to take care of any problems I had. (Darn few too.) I am not only backing up my data on multiple computers and hard drives, I am backing it up to the flash drive as well.

Paranoia my name is Bill.

This was not a paid blog, I just like Kingston.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...