FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Samsung S4 Replacement Battery


RAVPower 2800mah Samsung Galaxy S4 Replacement Battery for I9500, I9505, Sgh-m919 (T-mobile), Sch-i545 (Verizon), Sgh-i337 (At&t), Sph-l720 (Sprint), with NFC [Not for Galaxy S4 Active or S4 Mini]

This battery is charging well and is a great replacement for the faulty batteries that came in the Samsung S4.   After my phone shut down and I opened the case to see the severely bulged battery, I googled the issue and discovered that the bulging battery was a known Samsung issue.   After considering a OEM replacement battery, I decided it made no sense to get a battery identical to the one that failed.   I searched the compatible batteries on Amazon and this battery had significantly more positive reviews than most other batteries.

The price was attractive although with Amazon's new $49.00 minimum for free shipping, I was forced to use an alternative vendor and pay for shipping.   Frankly I almost made the purchase on  eBay since there was free shipping on several batteries but this battery seemed better.

I am happy with the battery and the pop in replacement factor.  I have not seen any increase in longevity with the battery even after multiple recharges.   Even with expedited shipping this battery cost me approximately $20.  I called several local wireless stores and the cheapest replacement battery was $40.00.   It mystifies me why so many mortar and brick stores lose so much business by grossly overpricing their goods.   Even if they paid the same for the battery as I did without the expedited shipping they would make a hefty 100% profit.   Instead they don't sell a battery and keep fueling the expansion of Internet business.  Having had a brick and mortar location when I was in the computer business, it pains me to see such a lack of foresight. 

I recommend this battery based on my experience.

 

·                        Tested under strict quality control standards. CE and RoHS certified.
·                        Top-rate A+ battery cells, over 500 repeated charging cycles.
·                        Over-Heating, Short-Circuit, Over-Charging & Over-Discharging Protection
·                        Voltage: 3.8V Capacity: 2800mAh
·                        Contains: 1 x cell phone battery
 

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips