I have read several studies about the health detriments to sitting most of the day. Since I am a writer, I find typing much easier while sitting. I saw this unit on Amazon and received it free for an honest review. The build quality is exceptional. It works easily and well. The down side is that it is big! 49 pounds and dimensions L x W x H 35 x 24 x 20 inches is big. I measured my desk and thought it would just fit. I was wrong. I did not take into consideration that I have pigeon holes and a hutch on the back of my desk. This unit fit there but I could not access any of the hutch when the unit was extended vertically and could not get to most of the rest even when the unit was down.
Frankly I was disappointed as I am convinced the concept is sound. I moved the unit to a table in my garage. I was pleasantly surprised that it now provides a standing work space in the garage. I utilized it for several hours yesterday. My work space in the garage was all table height and consequently led to an aching back whenever I had something that needed fixed. This worked terrific by bringing he work surface to a comfortable height. If you want this for your compute be very generous on your space allocation. It works great but does take up a lot of space. For my purposes it is now an invaluable garage tool that demonstrates once again the beauty of flexible re-purposing.
From the vendor:
· Improve your energy and productivity by switching between sitting and standing while you work
· Extremely stable and solid platform
· Simple installation: no tools or adjustments needed
· Counterbalancing mechanism facilitates quick height adjustment; no cranks or motors to engage
· Use with laptops, all-in-one computers, or multiple monitors
· Space-saving design does not protrude beyond tabletop
· Provides 15" (38cm) of vertical adjustment
· Keyboard tray positioned below work surface to maintain ergonomic spacing between screen height and keyboard.
If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.