FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Sunday, December 8, 2013

TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A5246NR Good Bang for Buck


TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A5246NR Intel Core i3 3120M(2.50GHz) 4GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8

So far so good!  The size of the screen and it's clarity is good.  The i3 seems robust enough to serve my needs.   It seems to have good quality assembly and does not appear to get to hot.   I do run a dual fan laptop stand under it though.   Heat is a killer regardless of how cool they feel to the touch.

I did not spend the money to get the touch screen on the laptop.   So far I have no regrets on that.   I do the bulk of my work on the desktop and do not fool with the cutesy charms and aps screen.   I do wish it came with bluetooth. 

The touch pad is ok but I still prefer a mouse.   My Gateway allows me to close unwanted screens with alt-f4 which apparently is a Gateway feature because that does not work on the Toshiba.  I am still working my way through the keyboard commands on Windows 8.1.   I will be happy when I figure out how to close the darn open screens.

Overall for the money this is a nice little laptop.  

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips