FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. I do not collect information on my readers. If cookies or other tracking stuff is used on my blogs it is due to BLOGGER not ME. Apparently the European Union's new rules state I need to inform you if cookies are being use. If they are it isn't byu me, consider yourself INFORMED.
Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't, whether I got it free or NOT!



Please check out my other blogs
Pick of the Literate 
or Azure Dwarf’s Horde
or visit my web site

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Brother HC1850 Sewing Machine

I’m not a person who normally sews.  My pre-existing machine is over 40 years old.  It has a foot pedal and eight stitches.  It has an untranslatable name, in I think Japanese.  I can no longer get needles for it.  With those pre-established criteria, it may be clear why I am totally amazed at the Brother machine.

I purchased the Brother XL2600i for my eight year old granddaughter for Christmas.   She was sewing on Christmas day.  It is that easy to use.  Seeing her delight and the ease of use of the machine, I was totally impressed.   When this machine came available for review, I jumped on it.  

The Brother HC1850 is a degree difference in capability and complexity over the XL2600i.  As an example it has 130 built in stitches compared to the 25 in the XL2600i.  It is pointless to list all the differences as you can do that by just comparing the specifications. 

The 1850 has a DVD which is helpful.  Frankly I am a bit overwhelmed and probably would be better off with the 2600 I got my granddaughter.  This is much like complex software, most people will use 10% of the functionality leaving the 90% remaining for the experts.  I think this is my case here.  I can sew a seam and I am actually thinking about doing a buttonhole just to see if I can do it.  This machine is easily got three times the features of the 2600.  This explains why the price is three times as much.  It is an impressive machine and I feel a bit inadequate on trying to review it.  It is sooo much better than my old machine and has obvious benefits over the 2600.  However if you are looking for a starter machine or one for a talented child, I would recommend the XL2600i rather than this machine.  If you are an accomplished sewer, this machine seems like it would easily fit your needs.  

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips