FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why Fly The Unfriendly Skies When You Can Take A Very Friendly Train?

The recent Jet Blue flight attendant that went bananas seems to clearly illustrate why airlines are in financial difficulty. Their service stinks! In fact they provide no service. Their attitude is dismissive. Airlines nickel and dime you to distraction. I used to fly more often just for fun. I now avoid airlines as much as I can. I’m retired, I had anticipated flying more not less but why, oh why would I subject myself to being abused?

I’ve started taking the AutoTrain to Florida. Say what you will about Amtrak but the service was terrific. It reminded me of how much fun it was to fly years and years ago. The Amtrak staff acted if they were really glad I took the train. They extended themselves. The food wasn’t outstanding but it far surpassed anything I’ve had on an airplane for many years.

The next time I go cross country I plan on looking at a train instead of a plane. It would be nice if the AutoTrain went cross country. That would be a treat. Get off for a couple of days and sightsee and then get back on the train and keep on going. If you haven’t tried the AutoTrain or any other train, I would suggest you do. It is far more civilized than a flight and you will be treated as a valued passenger instead of an annoying nuisance.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips