FTC Disclosure

Life is complicated enough without getting into hotwater with federal agencies so: TAKE NOTE Many things I review I got at no charge in exchange for an honest review. Consider this as informing you that ALL things I review may have been gotten at no charge. Realistically about 60% but in order to keep things above board just assume that I got the stuff free. Words like, “sponsored,” “promotion,” “paid ad” or even just “ad” are clear ways to disclose that you’re being paid to share information and links so BE AWARE that some of what I write can be described as an AD by the government. BTW I will NEVER say a product is great, super or even acceptable if it isn't whether I got it free or NOT!

Amazon

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cellular Signal Repeaters


Again, this is not merely a cell phone rant blog. At the moment it may seem to be one, but that is not my goal.

In my last post I discussed (disgust) my feelings about Verizon’s vaunted cell phone signal coverage. I mentioned that the local Verizon store told me that they don’t get a good signal at their location. I didn’t mention that he then suggested I purchase a signal booster. He said it was normally $350.00 but it currently had a $100.00 rebate. I asked if they had such an item why didn’t they have it in their store so people could get a good signal at their location. To me that seemed like a good idea and would help them sell more phones. He told me he had no idea why they didn’t use one or why they didn’t stock it.

I have several posts that mention that Verizon has such a device but I could not find it on their web site. I did read that they don’t charge you anything for using it which seems reasonable since it is their signal you can’t receive. I think they should give you the darn thing if they can’t provide a decent signal in your location.
Compunoodle
Repeaterstore
Tomsguide
Sprint has a similar device but they charge a monthly fee to use it.
There are multiple third party products that range widely and wildly in price.
Powerfulsignal
Amazon
The Amazon product is the least expensive one I found.

So if you live in a dreaded dead zone as I do, you may find one of these products will give you a useable cellular signal.  If I ever succumb to the lousy reception fix ugre I will review whatever one I get.

No comments:

 Money Saving Tech Tips