Skip to main content

Do Not Cruise with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line


We booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean the week before the Corona Virus debacle became public knowledge.   We paid for the cruise insurance but that does not cover the $900 deposit.   As the due date approached for making final payment for the cruise, the world wide Corona spread continued.   I called several times and spoke to agents at Royal Caribbean.   Finally a few days before we would have to make final payment I spoke to an agent who said I would lose my deposit if I canceled BUT if Royal Caribbean ended up canceling the cruise I would get all my money back which includes the deposit.  Based on that advice, I canceled the cruise.  Eventually Royal Caribbean canceled the cruise and I waited to get my deposit back.   Finally I gave up waiting and started emailing and calling.   I was told that I had no proof any agent told me I would get my deposit back and even if they did, it clearly states on the website that deposits are forfeit if you cancel the cruise.   Now if THEY cancel the cruise, supposedly you get your deposit back BUT since I canceled first, they get to keep my $900.00.   

Needless to say, disgruntled doesn't begin to describe my annoyance.  I tried multiple agents and all basically told me "you're screwed".   
$900.00 down the Royal Caribbean toilet.  

If you are planning a cruise, based on my experience I would strongly suggest that you avoid Royal Caribbean.   The have ZERO interest in customer service nor to do they see the ambiguity of refunding some customers and not others.   I have heard from other readers than Oceania gave full refunds to all people when they canceled their cruises.  

So my MONEY SAVING TIP IS:
DO NOT CRUISE WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN



If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...