Skip to main content

Bamboo Cutting Board


Make Sure You Have FOOD Grade Mineral Oil, June 21, 2020
This is a nice enough cutting board but it says prior to use rub it with food grade mineral oil. I don't have any mineral oil let alone food grade mineral oil. Add the $8.49 price of the cheapest bottle of food grade mineral on Amazon and suddenly the price of the cutting board isn't so hot.

From the vendor:
  • Crafted of Organic Bamboo: Expertly crafted of environmentally-friendly organic bamboo, this premium grade wood cutting board provides a strong, durable surface for all of your food preparation cutting tasks, and is also ideal for presentation and serving
  • Drip Groove & Grip Hole Design: Built-in juice groove surrounds the carving board to safely retain the juices from meat, fruits, or vegetables. Finger grip hole ensures cutting board stays in place while in use, and makes it easy to hang for efficient storage
  • Knife-Friendly Surface: 18'' x 12'' Extra Large Cutting Board with an excellent 4/5'' thickness, is designed to protect the sharpest blades, provide stability during use and look handsome enough to keep out on the counter
  • Edge-Grain Construction: Our edge-grain chopping board offer an excellent value for an everyday essential you'll use for carving and serving all year long, from the holiday table to summer barbecues. Durable edge-grain surface holds up to years of heavy-duty slicing and chopping.
  • Use & Care: Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use. Hand Wash Only - Wash gently with warm, soapy water after each use. Do not use board in microwave and dishwasher.

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...