Skip to main content

Great Mother’s Day Gift for the Techno Mom


I have been consistently happy with Acer products. This monitor is hard to beat. The Acer X193Wb 19” Wide Screen Monitor would be a great gift for Mom. I find myself watching as much TV on my computer through the Internet as I do through the traditional cable. This monitor makes it easier on the eye and will let you get back from your desk far enough to put up your feet. Not that anybodies Mother would be gauche enough to do that. Buy.com seems to have the best price at $99.00 including shipping. This is not a paid blog.
Tech Specs
Model Number: X193Wb
Part Number: ST.CX3WP.002
UPC: 099802221027
Display Size: 19" Wide, 408 x 255mm
Pixel Pitch: 0.284mm
Color: Black
Max. Resolution & Refresh Rate: 1440 x 900 @ 75Hz
Glare (Y/N): N
Response Time: 5ms
Contrast Ratio: 2000:1 ACM
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Viewing Angle: 160 (H), 160 (V)
Colors: 16.7 M
Bit: 6 + HiFRC
Color Situation: NTSC%
Pixel Error Standard: B/D:3; D/D:4; Total:5

System Specs
Input Signal: VGA
VESA Wall Mounting: 100 x 100 mm
Speaker: No
Power Supply (100V-240V): Internal
Power Consumption (OFF): <1W
Power Consumption (Stand By): <2W
Power Consumption (ON): <37W

Comments

Anonymous said…
The title of this entry makes me think of a maternal version of "technoviking". If you aren't familiar with the technoviking, do a quick search on youtube.

-Someone who knows you and is working wayyyyy too late.

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...