Skip to main content

Stick A Printer Up Your Network

Do catchy or semi-humorous titles get more people to read the blog? That is a question. Likelihood of a comment is minimal. Anyway, sometimes it seems like you need a printer somewhere besides right next to the computer. After rebate this puppy is only $22.50 including shipping from Buy.com. This is not a paid blog.

TRENDnet's TE100-P1U 10/100 Mini USB Print Server is an ideal network solution designed to transform virtually all conventional USB printer into a shared resource on your network. TE100-P1U has a 10/100Mbps auto-sensing RJ-45 port, which connects to either 10Mbps or 100Mbps network. With its "Automatic IP" feature, the Print Server will automatically configure its IP address, making installation quick and easy. For advanced management, you can configure the print server using the Windows-Based Wizard, Admin Software or Web Browser. Also, the TE100-P1U supports Internet Printing Protocol, so users can print remotely to the USB printer via the Internet. Compact in design, but packed with features the TE100-P1U is the most cost effective way to add a USB printer anywhere on your network!
Features
Interfaces/Ports 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Auto-sensing Network
1 x USB Printer
Manufacturer TRENDnet
Form Factor External
Manufacturer Part Number TE100-P1U
Standard Warranty 5 Year(s)
Manufacturer Website Address www.trendnet.com
Data Transfer Rate 10Mbps Ethernet @ 328 ft
100Mbps Fast Ethernet @ 328 ft
Product Name TE100-P1U Print Server

Tech Specs
Management BiAdmin (Windows Application) Web-based management (HTTP)
Interfaces/Ports 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Auto-sensing Network
1 x USB Printer
Manufacturer TRENDnet
Temperature 0 C (32 F) to 40 C (104 F) Operating
-10 C (14 F) to 70 C (158 F) Storage
Connectivity Media Category 3, 4, 5 UTP/STP 10Base-T
Category 5 UTP/STP 100Base-TX
Input Voltage 9 V DC Power Supply
Manufacturer Part Number TE100-P1U
Standard Warranty 5 Year(s)
Protocols TCP/IP
NetBEUI
AppleTalk
HTTP
LPD
SMB
IPP
EtherTalk
Additional Information Acts as a DHCP client or use 'Auto-IP' to self-assign an IP address automatically Supports Diagnostic Printing with all settings and current status information Upgradeable Firmware Note: Mac users are required to use a PC to configure the print server. Mac systems are only compatible with Post-Script printers.
Status Indicators Status Error
Input Current 500 mA @9V DC
Humidity 10 to 80% Operating
5 to 90% Storage
Data Transfer Rate 10Mbps Ethernet @ 328 ft
100Mbps Fast Ethernet @ 328 ft
Manufacturer Website Address www.trendnet.com
Form Factor External
Dimensions 1" Height x 2.3" Width x 3.4" Depth
Compatibility OS Supported: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP Macintosh (OS 9.x and higher) Unix Compatibile Printer: Virtually all conventional USB printer
Certifications & Standards USB 1.1 FCC CE VCCI C-Tick and Class B IEEE: IEEE 802.3 10Base-T IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX ANSI/IEEE 802.3 Auto-Negotiation
Weight 2.7 oz
Product Name TE100-P1U Print Server

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...