Skip to main content

Printer Cable Be Gone!

Sometimes your desk is just too crowded to stick your printer on it. Across the room there is plenty of space but it is such a pain in the butt running cables. There is a solution, trash your printer and buy a Bluetooth printer and add a Bluetooth card to your computer or continue to use your existing printer and add the Linksys WPSM54G Wireless-G USB Print Server.

The Linksys Wireless-G Print Server with Multifunction Printer Support lets you connect a multifunction USB printer directly to your network, eliminating the need to dedicate a PC to print sharing chores. Using a Print Server frees up your "print share PC" so you don''t have to leave it on all the time. It also removes the printing bottleneck, and sets your PC free to do more useful work. The Print Server is compatible with most USB multifunction printers, and allows full access to printing, faxing, scanning, and copying functions. Like any print server, users on the network can print anytime. The other functions are treated a little differently -- any user can request access to one of the other functions, and get exclusive use of that function until his task is complete. Connect the Print Server directly to your network by 10/100 Ethernet cable, or wirelessly at up to 54Mbps via Wireless-G. The wireless option lets you put your printer wherever you want to, without having to run cables. Whichever way the Print Server is attached to your network, both your wireless and wired PCs will have access to it, and the printer it''s connected to. And if you don''t use wireless for general networking in your office, you can still use the Wireless-G connection in ad-hoc mode to print from visiting Wireless-G and Wireless-B PCs. Your wireless data is protected by up to 128-bit WPA-PSK encryption. A user-friendly Setup Wizard makes installation easy, the compact case fits anywhere, and the big print buffer handles even large graphics-intensive print jobs. Let the Linksys Wireless-G Print Server with Multifunction Printer Support bring efficiency to all your home office tasks.



Features

Manufacturer Linksys

Wireless Technology Wi-Fi - IEEE 802.11b/g

Interfaces/Ports 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Network
1 x USB

Manufacturer Part Number WPSM54G

Standard Warranty 1 Year

Frequency Band/Bandwidth 2.4 GHz ISM Band

Manufacturer Website Address www.linksys.com

Dimensions 2.52" Height x 7.72" Width x 11.26" Depth

Transmission Speed 54Mbps

Transmission Speed Details 54Mbps Auto-fallback IEEE 802.11g
6Mbps IEEE 802.11g
11Mbps Auto-fallback IEEE 802.11b
1Mbps IEEE 802.11b

Product Name WPSM54G Wireless-G USB Print Server

Product Type Wireless Print Server


Tech Specs

Manufacturer Linksys

Manufacturer Part Number WPSM54G

Wireless Technology Wi-Fi - IEEE 802.11b/g

Standard Warranty 1 Year

Interfaces/Ports 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Network
1 x USB

Frequency Band/Bandwidth 2.4 GHz ISM Band

Manufacturer Website Address www.linksys.com

Dimensions 2.52" Height x 7.72" Width x 11.26" Depth

Brand Name Linksys

Transmission Speed 54Mbps

Transmission Speed Details 54Mbps Auto-fallback IEEE 802.11g
6Mbps IEEE 802.11g
11Mbps Auto-fallback IEEE 802.11b
1Mbps IEEE 802.11b

Product Name WPSM54G Wireless-G USB Print Server

Product Type Wireless Print Server

Wireless Security 128-bit WPA-PSK encryption

Comments

hdmi cables said…
Why to use USB Cable connected printer if WIFI printers are available. It is easy to use and works fine with no problem. All in one printer.

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...