Skip to main content

SABRE Personal Safety Kit – Keychain Pepper Spray


SABRE Personal Safety Kit – Keychain Pepper Spray (Police Strength with 25Bursts, up to 5x other Brands) + LOUD 120 dB Keychain Personal Alarm Audible 600 Feet (185 m) Away

I'm not sure how to review something that you don't want to use unless you really, really need to use it.  I tested the personal alarm and it is loud.  Frankly not as loud as I thought it would be but still irritatingly loud, as it should be.   The pin pulling pressure seemed reasonable and not too difficult but enough difficulty that it shouldn't be accidentally pulled.

No one I have asked is willing to be pepper sprayed to determine if it is a serious deterrent.  Having been exposed to tear gas back in the 70's, I certainly am not willing to pepper spray myself.  It is one of those things that you hope works if you ever need it. It has a turn and push for spray which seems reasonably secure for carrying without fear of accidental discharge. It seems like a good value.

 

From the vendor:

·                        POWERFUL PROTECTION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS–Have the most powerful pepper spray available in your grasp, coupled with an attention-grabbing 120 dB alarm both from the industry’s most trusted source
·                        PROTECTION AGAINST MULTIPLE THREATS AT A SAFE DISTANCE–SABRE Pepper spray contains 25 bursts (up to 5x other brands) at up to 10 feet (3 m) away
·                        AMPLIFIES YOUR CALL FOR HELP–120 dB, re-usable, dual siren alarm calls for assistance in an emergency and can even help deter & frighten off an attacker. Simply pull & replace keychain pin to turn on/off
·                        EASY ACCESS, EASY-TO-USE ON-THE-GO SAFETY–Attach to your keys, bag, or backpack and be prepared to defend yourself and alert others should danger occur
·                        GREATER VALUE–Get both great personal security tools with this convenient combo pack, two great personal security tools for one low price

 


If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...